From Brussels, follow the guide along paths to arrive in the thousand-year-old city of Leuven. The former capital of the Duchy of Brabant and seat of the oldest university in Belgium, this town known for its cloth industry also contains monuments which are testaments of its prestigious past. Following these lanes, discover the Grand Place (central square) and the city hall, university halls and the famous library as well as the Grand Béguinage, listed as UNESCO World Heritage.
* If the route is too long, you can return on the train (Train ticket + bike ticket from €5 in advance).
* Take a picnic for lunchtime.
Good to know
- Reserve up to the night before.
- Last-minute reservations can only be made by phone.
- No bike at your disposal? Rent one of ours!
Return to the list